This e-book was created from my own trials and tribulations when verifying insurance benefits over the years as well as my conversations with my own consultation clients and other clinicians. I put myself in the mindset of ‘what would someone new to insurance verification need/want to know?’
I’ve included many scripts that are based on my hundreds of phone calls with prospective clients and insurance representatives.
Insurance verification is tough!
- To make the information easier to understand, I’ve included potential real-life examples and flow charts that act as a step-by-step guide.
- I also tried to write it in a conversational manner so it’s not so boring! Because let’s face it, this stuff is pretty boring!
- The information included in this e-book includes information for both in-network and out-of-network providers.
- Solo practice clinicians new to accepting insurance
- New solo/group practice owners wanting to train their administrative staff
- Group practice owners wanting to train their clinicians how to verify insurance benefits or relay insurance information to clients
- Clinicians looking to start verifying insurance themselves rather than relying on their clients.
Insurance verification is one of the toughest tasks we as clinicians face when starting to accept insurance. My hope is this e-book provides you with the confidence to navigate the verification process and better understand insurance benefits.
Some of the 19-page e-book topics include:
- Lingo to know (with examples)
- Information needed from clients to verify insurance
- Script/Flow Chart: How to gather insurance information from clients
- Ways to verify insurance benefits
- How to keep track of your client’s benefits once verified
- Mental health carve-outs–what they are and what you can do about them
- Script: How to relay benefit information to clients (with examples)
- BYOB insurance tips for insurance verification success
- And more!