Be Your Own Biller Client Access Resource Page
Coming soon–Be Your Own Biller’s Membership Site!
All access to Be Your Own Biller’s video tutorials, cheat sheets, and more!
Electronic Health Records
There are many great options out there! I encourage you to shop around for your EHR (it’s a big decision!), sign up for the 30-day free trials, and see which one feels best for you.
If you need help deciding, I can assist you in determining which EHR might serve you best.
Here are a few that I am familiar with and would recommend for their ease of use and simplified billing.
Shopping around for a clearinghouse is also no easy task! A clearinghouse is the middle man between you and the insurance company. A clearinghouse will ‘scrub’ your claims for errors before submitting them to the insurance company. Having a clearinghouse house will also speed up your billing process as many of them store client information for you and allow you to submit claims with only a few clicks of your mouse.
My recommendations when looking for a clearinghouse:
- Look for a national clearinghouse (usually have more payers they work with!)
- Look at their payer list (do they work with all of the insurance companies you are paneled with?)
- Check out their customer services and how they train their customers on their software
- Many clearinghouses have personalized remote training for their customers!
- Make sure the clearinghouse you have chosen is compatible with the billing software you plan to use
- Some EHRs only work with some clearinghouses while other EHRs have specific clearinghouses they work with
Two Clearinghouses I would recommend are:
Still feeling overwhelmed or want someone to help you with some administrative tasks now that your practice is booming? Here are some services I would recommend:
Frances and her team over at My Solution Services provide virtual assistants to do all the tasks you’d rather not do or are to busy to do–such as:
- Scheduling clients
- Verifying insurance benefits
- Following up on unpaid or denied claims